April 5, 2009

Joba Sharp In Final Spring Start

In his final Spring Training start, Yankees' fifth starter, Joba Chamberlain, hurled 5 1/3 innings, striking out 5. The most impressive part about his start however, was the 16 straight batters he retired after giving up two hits and a walk to start the game. 
     "It took me just a little bit to get going," Joba said. "I wanted to work on fastball command and my changeup, and I think I did a great job with those two. I think it was one of my most productive days as far as consistency. It was good."
     Since Chamberlain's turn in the rotation was going to be skipped, the Yankees had him fly to Florida to pitch for Double-A Trenton in a game against Triple-A Scranton/Wiles-Barre. His first regular-season start is slated for next Sunday at Kansas City. 
     "I'm excited to get going," he said.

No comments: